Company: Bergen Logistics
Location: North Bergen
Posted on: July 13, 2018
Job DescriptionJob Purpose:The Warehouse Manager is responsible for the oversight, management and general day-to-day operations of the warehouse. His/her primary responsibility is to lead, motivate and ensure all required compliance of the facility.Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage daily warehouse operations; oversee receiving manager and shipping manager to facilitate on time shipping and deliveries.
- Maintains receiving, warehousing, and distribution operations by initiating, coordinating, and enforcing program, operational, and personnel policies and procedures.
- Must have a working knowledge of UPS Worldship/FedEx/DHL software that can be utilized in a high volume receiving/shipping department including foreign and domestic shipments.
- Manage daily facility workload planning and volume including forecasting, staff requirements as well as equipment/space needs.
- Complies with federal, state, and local warehousing, material handling, and shipping requirements by studying existing and new legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
- Safeguards warehouse operations and contents by establishing and monitoring security procedures and protocols.
- Controls inventory levels by conducting physical counts; reconciling with data storage system.
- Completes warehouse operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results.
- Maintains warehouse staff job results by coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.SKILLS / QUALIFICATIONS:
- Logistics and supply chain management experience
- Experience of at least 5 years in a fast- paced warehouse environment in a supervisory role or higher.
- Strong communication skills in both verbal and email. Bilingual is a plus.
- Forklift certified – Sit down, reach, and order picker.
- Flexible schedule and willing to work OT when needed to ensure all tasks are met daily. Establish priorities and ability to multi-task
- Strong computer skills – Excel, Word and Outlook. Intermediate skills preferred
- Extensive knowledge in RF Scanner and excellent understanding of WMS
- Experience with performance metrics, meeting daily goals and process improvements
- Be able to pull ad-hoc reports when needed
- Experience in warehouse scheduling and staffing based from workload forecastPhysical requirements
- Work long hours on feet
- Stand for long periods of time
- Walk for long periods of time
- Bending over
- Lifting and pullingCompany DescriptionBergen Logistics, an innovator in the logistics space, is looking for an Accounts Receivable Manager to manage the Billing & Accounts Receivable department. We are a fast paced, high volume company and we are seeking a candidate that enjoys working in an exciting environment. Strong communication skills are a must. This position requires collaboration between multiple departments within the organization.
Keywords: Bergen Logistics, North Bergen, Warehouse Manager, Professions, North Bergen, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!