Cat Scan Technician
Company: Hackensack Meridian Health
Location: North Bergen
Posted on: January 19, 2023
Description: How have you impacted someone's life today? At
Hackensack Meridian Health our healthcare teams are focused on
changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level
of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and
occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home
care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you
to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your
career all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system. -Cat Scan
Technician working with the CAT scan department at Palisades
Medical Center (PMC) within the Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH)
Responsibilties: A day in the life of a Cat Scan Technician at
Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
- Prepares and performs CT scans in compliance with department
standards with a minimum of 99% accuracy.
- Regularly updates knowledge of technologists regulations
appropriate to the ages of patients served.
- Schedule appropriate amount of time for each patient, regularly
reviews the requisitions received during the shift, and schedule
properly throughout the shift.
- Prepares all opaque contrast media for various exams with a
- Processes films within 30 minutes of the completion of the
- Translates physician -s orders with minimum accuracy of
- Monitor inventory levels and advises senior technologist on
supervision of needed supplies.
- Charge all patient exams on an as needed basis.
- Transport patients to and from floors to a designated area as
- Identifies and troubleshoots all machine malfunctions and
reports to senior technologist on supervision.
- Keeps work area clean and tidy at all times to prevent any
unnecessary injuries to other workers and patients.
- Other duties and/or projects as assigned. 12. Adheres to HMH
Organizational competencies and standards of behavior.
Qualifications: Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- One year minimum experience. Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- 1 -2 years experience preferred.Licenses and Certifications
- NJ Registered Radiological Technologist License.
Keywords: Hackensack Meridian Health, North Bergen , Cat Scan Technician, Professions , North Bergen, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!