Company: Hackensack Meridian Health
Location: North Bergen
Posted on: August 7, 2022
PMC-Pharmacy & IV Solutions
Palisades Medical Center
Full Time with Benefits
Standard Hours Per Week
Every Other Weekend
On Call Work
No On-Call Required
Every Other Holiday
How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian
Health our healthcare teams are focused on changing the lives of
our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every
day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health
teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities,
our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your
skills in multiple settings while building your career all within
New Jersey's premier healthcare system. Under the direct
supervision of a registered pharmacist, performs specific duties in
the dispensing of pharmaceuticals, in accordance to hospital
policies and procedures, professional standards and state board of
A day in the life of a Pharmacy Technician at Hackensack Meridian
- Dispenses inpatient and outpatient
prescriptions, under the direction of a pharmacist, within the
accuracy benchmark set forth for the pharmacy. Follows policies
related to the dispensing of medication as per hospital,
professional and regulatory standards
- Perform cassette fill for unit dose cassettes, and cassette
exchanges, including cart fill lists, cart fill updates, related
reports, in a timely manner, and within the accuracy benchmark, as
set forth by the pharmacy.
- Assist the pharmacist in the preparation of IV medications,
including label preparation, report processing, supply management
and record keeping, within the accuracy benchmark, as set forth by
the pharmacy. Follows USP 797 standards.
- Maintains timely billing through the procedures set forth for
the Cerner system, Omnicell and the ER and OR charges. Maintains a
monthly record of interdepartmental charges.
- Perform basic courier function for the pick-up and delivery of
meds and supplies.
- Prepares individual unit dose packages under the direction of a
pharmacist, as needed, with an accuracy of 100%.
- Receives and records patients medications from home, following
hospital policy, including recording, storage and destruction, with
an accuracy rate of 99%.
- Operate various IT programs, including Cerner pharmacy system,
Omnicell, and retail system with accuracy and efficiency.
- Prepare retail pharmacy prescriptions under the direct
supervision of a pharmacist.
- Maintains all logs, as required, including, but not limited to
the albumin log, IV log, etc.
- Assists the pharmacy management in the maintenance of adequate
inventory levels and inventory control, including order receiving,
processing, stocking, returns and inventory needs.
- Perform clerical function of pharmacy related duties, including
typing, label preparation and routine paperwork.
- Trouble shoot phone calls in order to assist in ascertaining
requested information, assisting the pharmacist and directing the
calls to the appropriate resource.
- Contribute articles and/or information for the pharmacy
- Maintain a clean, neat, and organized work area.
- Assist the pharmacist in the preparation of chemotherapy
prescriptions in accordance with department policies and
procedures, and OSHA standards. Proper use of PPE must be used to
reduce exposure to hazardous products.
- Other duties and/or projects as assigned.
- Adheres to HMH Organizational competencies and standards of
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- High school graduate or equivalence. Education, Knowledge,
Skills and Abilities Preferred:
- College, technical training, or pharmacy tech certification
- Prior experience of one year of pharmacy practice, preferably
in hospital practice preferred. Licenses and Certifications
- NJ Pharmacy Tech registration required within 180 days of job
placement. If you feel the above description speaks directly to
your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
Need help finding the right job?
We can recommend jobs specifically for you!
Click here to get started.
Keywords: Hackensack Meridian Health, North Bergen , Pharmacy Technician, Professions , North Bergen, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!