Central Sterile Supply Aide, Per Diem
Company: Hackensack Meridian Health
Location: North Bergen
Posted on: November 18, 2023
Central Sterile Supply Aide, Per Diem
Palisades Medical Center
Standard Hours Per Week
Weekends as Needed
On Call Work
No On-Call Required
Our team members are the heart of what makes us better. At
Hackensack Meridian Health we help our patients live better,
healthier lives - and we help one another to succeed. With a
culture rooted in connection and collaboration, our employees are
team members. Here, competitive benefits are just the beginning.
It's also about how we support one another and how we show up for
our community. Together, we keep getting better - advancing our
mission to transform healthcare and serve as a leader of positive
change. The Central Sterile Supply Aide Performs technical and
non-technical functions relating to the processing and distribution
of supplies, equipment and instructions.
A day in the life of a Central Sterile Supply Aide at Hackensack
Meridian Health includes:
- Receives soiled surgical equipment and
reusable patient supplies. Cleans and disinfects equipment before
sending to clean processing area.
- Checks soiled trays for completeness and informs Supervisor of
- Assembles clean instruments and other supplies into packs and
trays according to standard lists, wraps trays in proper manner to
assure sterility and proper shelf life.
- Place packs into either steam or sterrad depending on type of
item. Follows proper procedures for operation of equipment and
- Monitors all sterilization processing and biological or
mechanical tests and results throughout the hospital.
- Operates sterilizers, washer/dissinjector daily testing of
sterilizer to determine that they are in proper working order
through use of the Bowie-Dick test, Attest Biological Indicators
and/or other control methods within one half hour following the
start of each shift.
- Delivers equipment to patient care areas, within a maximum of
forty-five (45) minutes of receipt of request.
- Distributes and replenishes syringe and needle supply for all
patient care units and specialized areas, within three (3) hours of
request and with a minimum accuracy rate of 98%.
- Disposes of contaminated materials prior to the end of each
- Retrieves used and soiled instruments and equipment from all
patient care units according to departmental policy at least twice
- Ensures delivery of excellent customer service resulting in
positive and improving patient satisfaction scores for department
and Medical Center.
- Periodically checks department and other areas from outdated or
- Reports unusual occurrences in daily routine to the
- Maintains safe, orderly work area and work practices.
- Maintains sterilization records prior to the end of each shift
and with a minimum accuracy rate of 98%.
- Other duties and/or projects as assigned.
- Adheres to HMH Organizational competencies and standards of
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- High School diploma, general equivalency diploma (GED), and/or
GED equivalent programs.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge of care and handling of: IV Pumps,
Hypothermia Units, PCA Pumps, Goneo Suction, Feeding Pumps, Blood
Warmers and Bronchoscopes.
- Demonstrated knowledge of: Loading Carts, Chemical Spills and
- Through understanding of equipment operation and maintenance
of: Steam Sterilizer, Sterrad NX, Sterrad 100, Washer Dissinjector
and Cycles times, temperature, pressure aborting a cycle.
- Established computer skills.
- Ability to accept responsibility for own knowledge and
- Organized, detail oriented and effective time management
skills. Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in supply
processing/distribution, and knowledge of surgical instruments and
supply management. Licenses and Certifications Required:
- Has and maintains current Certified Registered Central Service
Technician (CRCST) registration. If you feel the above description
speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please
Need help finding the right job?
We can recommend jobs specifically for you!
Click here to get started.
Keywords: Hackensack Meridian Health, North Bergen , Central Sterile Supply Aide, Per Diem, Other , North Bergen, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!