Sleep Technologist/ PSG Technologist (Per Diem)
Company: Hackensack Meridian Health
Location: North Bergen
Posted on: January 20, 2023
Description: How have you impacted someone's life today? At
Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the
lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each
and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational
health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care
capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to
apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career,
all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system. -A Sleep
Technologist works under the general supervision of the clinical
director (M.D., D.O., or PhD) or designee to -provide comprehensive
evaluation and treatment of sleep disorders. This may involve
polysomnography, diagnostic -and therapeutic services or patient
care and education. A Sleep Technologist can perform the duties
defined for a -Sleep Technician and may provide oversight of other
-This is a Per Diem position. -
Responsibilties: A day in the life of a Polysomnographic
Technologist at Hackensack Meridian Health -can be described as
follows: -Gather and Analyze Patient Information
- Collect, analyze and integrate patient information in order to
identify and meet the patient-specific needs
(Physical/mental limitations, current emotional/physiological
status regarding the testing procedure, pertinent -medical/social
history), and to determine final testing parameters/procedures in
conjunction with the ordering -physician or clinical director and
- Complete and verify documentation.
- Explain pre-testing, testing, and post-testing procedures to
the patient.Testing Preparation Procedures
- Prepare and calibrate equipment required for testing to
determine proper functioning and make adjustments if
- Apply electrodes and sensors according to accepted published
- Perform appropriate physiologic calibrations to ensure proper
signals and make adjustments if necessary.
- Perform positive airway pressure (PAP) mask fitting.
- Follow procedural protocols [such as Multiple Sleep Latency
Test (MSLT), Maintenance of Wakefulness Test
(MWT), parasomnia studies, PAP, oxygen titration etc.] to ensure
collection of appropriate data.
- Follow "lights out" procedures to establish and document
baseline values (such as body position,
oxyhemoglobin saturation, respiratory and heart rates,
- Perform Polysomnographic data acquisition while monitoring
study-tracing quality to ensure signals are
artifact-free and make adjustments, if necessary.
- Document routine observations including sleep stages and
clinical events, changes in procedure, and
significant events in order to facilitate scoring and
interpretation of polysomnographic results.
- Implement appropriate interventions (including actions
necessary for patient safety and therapeutic
intervention such as continuous and bi-level positive airway
pressure, oxygen administration, etc.)
- Follow "lights on" procedures to verify integrity of collected
data and complete the data collection process
(repeats the physiological and instrument calibrations and
instructs the patient on completing questionnaires, -etc.)
- Demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to recognize and
provide age specific care in the treatment,
assessment, and education of neonatal, pediatric, adolescent,
adult, and geriatric patients.
- Oversees and performs difficult and unusual procedures and
Polysomnographic Record Scoring
- Score sleep/wake stages by applying professionally accepted
- Score clinical events (such as respiratory events, cardiac
events, limb movements, arousals etc.) according to
center specific protocols.
- Generate accurate reports by tabulating sleep/wake and clinical
- Service Management and Professional Issues
- Comply with applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and
standards regarding safety and infection control
- Perform routine and complex equipment care and
- Evaluate sleep study related equipment and inventory.
- Maintain current CPR or BCLS certification.
- Demonstrate effective written and spoken communication
- Demonstrate appropriate social skills.
- Respond to study participant's procedural-related inquiries by
providing appropriate information.
- Demonstrate the ability to analyze complex situations and apply
- Comply with the BRPT Standards of Conduct.
Qualifications: Education and/or Experience:
- Successful completion of an accredited educational program
leading to an associate degree with an emphasis in
- Successful completion of a polysomnography program of no less
than one than one year duration associated with a -state licensed
and/or a nationally accredited educational facility or equivalent
experience and documented -proficiency at all competencies required
of a Sleep Technician.AND
- Certification by the Board of Registered Polysomnographic
Technologists as a Registered Polysomnographic -Technologist or
equivalent.If you feel that the above description speaks directly
to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
Keywords: Hackensack Meridian Health, North Bergen , Sleep Technologist/ PSG Technologist (Per Diem), Other , North Bergen, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!