Special Procedures Techn(Pd)
Company: Hackensack Meridian Health
Location: North Bergen
Posted on: January 20, 2023
Description: How have you impacted someone's life today? At
Hackensack Meridian Health our healthcare teams are focused on
changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level
of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and
occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home
care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you
to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your
career all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system. -The
Special Procedures Tech is responsible for performing a variety of
duties to assist
in conducting prescribed specialized radiologic procedures in the
Special Procedures area.
Responsibilties: A day in the life of a Rehabilitation Aide at
Hackensack Meridian Health includes: -
- Maintains adequate inventory of materials and various supplies
procurement of necessary supplies.
- Coordinates scheduling of patients with admitting department,
nursing staff and inter-departmental sections.
- Documents all charges and radiology charges for each exam.
- Provides instruction to technologists and auxiliary personnel
through formal and
- Maintains standards of radiation safety throughout the
- Assists Radiologists and other qualified physicians (under
Radiologist supervision) in
performing Special Procedure.
- Calculates and selects proper electronic and technical factors,
positions patients, and
adjusts x-ray table to achieve optimum radiographs.
- Ensures patients' safe transfer into and out of Special
- Processes all radiographic and prepares film/images for review
- Organizes and coordinates studies with previous x-ray
- -Uses sterile techniques while assisting or setting up sterile
trays and necessary
- Maintains special procedures room for cleanliness, supplies,
etc, following each exam.
- Operates radiographic equipment integrally with mechanical
injector at injection rateand amount directed by radiologist.
- Provides direct patient care to all age groups from neonatal to
- Identifies the needs of the patient population served and
modifies and delivers care thatis specific to those needs (i.e.,
age, culture, language, hearing and/or visually impaired,etc.).
This process includes communicating with the patient, parent,
and/or primarycaregiver(s) at their level (developmental/age,
educational, literacy, etc.).
- Other duties and/or projects as assigned.
- Adheres to HMH Organizational competencies and standards of
Qualifications: Knowledge, Education and Skills Required:
- Graduate of an approved School of Radiography.
- One-year experience in Special Procedures.
- Registration with the ARRT.Required Certification/Licensing:
- Possess current NJ State Radiology License.Preferred
- VI or CV certification by the American Registry of Radiologic
Keywords: Hackensack Meridian Health, North Bergen , Special Procedures Techn(Pd), Other , North Bergen, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!