Cat Scan Technologist ContWkr
Location: North Bergen
Posted on: January 18, 2023
Schedule Notes: 12:00PM-12:12:30AM- Saturdays 6:00PM-6:30AM-
Sundays & Mondays 3x12's- Every Saturday, Sunday, Monday. Holidays
as needed. No On Call.
Job Summary: The Cat Scan Technologist performs computer tomography
procedures and related techniques, producing sectional and
three-dimensional images for the interpretation and assists with
interventional and therapeutic procedures. Essential Generic Job
Functions (List in order of importance):
1. Performs complex CT procedures.
2. Uses professional judgment when reviewing and obtaining
patient's clinical history for procedures, ensuring information is
documented and scanned into PACS.
3. Prepares, screens and reviews the accuracy of the contrast
questionnaire with patient and/or family member and scan into
4. Identifies and/or administers contrast media related to CT exams
as prescribed by a licensed practitioner.
5. Reviews the patient prescription to verify appropriateness of
exam and if incorrect, communicates with the Radiologist and
Referring Physician to obtain additional clinical information or a
6. Responsible for calling physicians to clarify the prescription
in accordance with the appropriate CT protocols.
7. Responsible for verifying insurance authorized exam script and
send exam modification forms to Finance for insurance
8. Responsible for obtaining outside studies (CD) then scheduling
them in EPIC so the CD and reports are available in PACS in order
to be compared by Radiologists.
9. Responsible for providing exam copies to the patient and
requesting physician and/or family member.
10. Evaluates radiographs using PACS System to ensure that
radiographs contain proper identification and are of diagnostic
11. Uses consistent and appropriate techniques to gather relevant
information from the medical record, significant others and health
care providers to prepare protocols for scanning and patient
safety. The collection of information is determined by the
patient's needs or condition.
12. Determines whether the patient has been appropriately prepared
for the procedure. 13. Preps patient for scanning: (i.e. shielding,
14. Determines appropriate type and dose of contrast to be
15. Provides accurate explanations and instructions at any
appropriate time and at a level the patient can understand.
Addresses and documents patient questions and concerns regarding
the procedure when appropriate.
16. Performs venipuncture, IV patency, and maintenance procedures
according to established guidelines.
17. Monitors the patient's physical condition for any adverse
reactions during the procedure.
18. Responsible for scheduled shifts including holidays and
19. Overtime as needed to provide continual quality patients
20. On call assignments as needed per Department of Radiology
21. Adheres to the policy of Employee ID, Standards of Behavior,
Attendance, and Punctuality.
22. Lifts a minimum of 25 lbs., pushes and pulls a minimum of 50
lbs. and stands a minimum of 6 hours a day.
23. Identifies the needs of the patient population served and
modifies and delivers care that is specific to those needs (i.e.,
age, culture, language, hearing and /or visually impaired, etc.).
This process includes communicating with the patient, parent,
and/or primary caregiver(s) at their level (developmental/age,
educational, literacy, etc.).
24. Adheres to the standards identified in the Medical Center's
Organizational Competencies and Standards of Behavior.
High School diploma or equivalent. Graduate of a Radiologic
NJ DEP Diagnostic Radiography License
ARRT Certified R.T.(R) license required
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
Must have minimum 1 year prior CT experience.
Knowledge of anatomy and physiology
Knowledge of radiological positioning of the human body
Understanding mechanical attributes of CT software and hardware
Knowledge of Epic and any HIS/RIS system added by the hospital
Keywords: Equiliem, North Bergen , Cat Scan Technologist ContWkr, Other , North Bergen, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!