Senior Editorial Producer, Podcasts
Location: North Bergen
Posted on: May 12, 2022
The Senior Editorial Producer will develop, launch and oversee
the editorial and production of ESPN's 30 for 30 Podcasts. Top
candidates for this role will demonstrate curiosity, a strong work
ethic, exceptional journalistic instincts, creative production
technique, and dynamic team-management skills. The role requires an
editorial and production leader with a creative and inclusive
approach to storytelling who can shape the vision and execution 30
for 30 Podcasts. The ideal candidate is a talented
writer/storyteller who has a proven track record for developing
talent, producing high-quality narrative content, innovation,
problem-solving and has extensive experience working in a
deadline-oriented environment. He/she will develop an efficient
workflow/process, a long-range content strategy, and sales
integrations. The Senior Editorial Producer will communicate
expectations and deliver feedback to both internal and external
talent and staff. He/she will oversee and manage direct reports.
Responsibilities include related strategic plans, operational tasks
30 for 30 Podcasts will continue to highlight compelling sports
stories; staying true to the 30 for 30 brand by going deeper into
stories our fans think they know, told by the best audio
storytellers and sports reporters on the planet.Responsibilities
- Leads editorial planning, production and strategy for 30 for 30
- Articulates vision and sets agenda for short and long-range
editorial calendar and planning.
- Lead editor on all 30 for 30 Podcast series/episodes
- Manage internal production team, and also external production
partners working on all 30 for 30 Podcasts
- Conducts weekly staff meetings and will create/maintain
editorial workflow systems, both within the team and within
- Develops relationships throughout ESPN with other key
stakeholders and divisions, including: sales, marketing, PR and
high level producers representing all platforms around the
- Ensures highest-quality production standards.
- Collaborates on budget development and implements approved
budget for program, making changes as necessary to meet financial
- Cultivates relationships with prospective talent and
- Assists in the recruitment and development of production and
- Coaches host, reporters, producers and editors to strengthen
conversational storytelling skills.
- Coordinates aspects of production, post-production, and program
- Works with sales and marketing teams to develop strategies for
the podcasts, as well as ensuring placement and execution of
- Contributes ideas for sales opportunities.
- Coordinates with marketing team around key events, from
planning to execution of regular promotion for the show on internal
platforms (TV/Radio) as well as with external distribution partners
(Apple, Google, etc).
- Collaborates on the integration, optimization and awards
recognition for 30 for 30 audio initiatives.Basic Qualifications :
- Minimum of 6 years of radio/audio production with experience as
editorial leader and creative writer / storyteller / producer.
- Deep passion and knowledge in long form sports
- Extensive knowledge of podcasting and digital audio
- Experience in team management.
- Demonstrated digital editing expertise using ProTools audio
- Curiosity; interest in sports, long form storytelling, and
- Smart conversationalist with outstanding interview skills.
- Strong journalistic and editorial instincts; exceptional
- Thorough understanding of how to operate audio hardware,
software and facilities.
- Knowledge and/or understanding of digital listening
- Ability to work quickly and efficiently under deadline
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Thrives in team setting.Required Education :
- Bachelor's DegreeAdditional Information :
Keywords: ESPN, North Bergen , Senior Editorial Producer, Podcasts, Other , North Bergen, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!