System Support Specialist-NJ
Company: The TJX Companies Inc
Location: North Bergen
Posted on: May 9, 2022
Come to work and be ready to think on your feet, grow your
skills, and embrace the many opportunities. Our Distribution
Centers are the key to getting new products out to TJ Maxx,
Marshalls, HomeGoods, Sierra, Winners, Homesense, and TK Maxx. To
keep up with our ever-changing inventory, we stay nimble and
adaptable. No day is the same, and that's just how we like it.
Every shift is a new opportunity to Discover Different - and
support each other along the way.Major Areas of Responsibility:
This is an hourly positionMust be able to travel between locatoins
in North Bergen and South Brunswick -
- Monitors and troubleshoots all Distribution Center (DC)
computer, telecommunications (voice and data) and copier hardware
to include; printers, terminals, RF units, controllers, IDF
cabinets, to ensure continuous operation within the DC.
- Ensures all network components are operational, makes repairs,
adjustments, and reconfigures systems as needed.
- Serves a Project Leader for various systematic / operational
projects within the DC. Reports status of projects to IT
- Assists Systems Supervisor in making recommendations concerning
installations, continued maintenance and planning of current
- Maintains comprehensive and detailed records of equipment
inventory, problems and failures. Coordinates preventative
maintenance and / or corrective programs with vendor service
- Installs necessary communication equipment. Installs cable
lines and configures systems, as deemed necessary. Cleans equipment
- Functional working knowledge of Microsoft office programs
including Microsoft Outlook to troubleshoot and communicate
- Sets up individual user computers/workstations and peripheral
devices on network. Identifies and resolves problems, cleans and
reconfigures equipment, makes repairs and/or coordinates
- Monitors software applications and file server to ensure
functionality. Installs software and performs systems backups.
Interfaces with Home Office Systems Division regarding application
- Provides training and technical assistance to DC users as
necessary. Leads and executes various systemic/operational projects
- Coordinates the ordering of supplies and stock, maintains
inventory of supplies, as necessary.
- Prints reports, labels, and tickets as necessary.
- Performs other duties as required or directed. - -Requirements:
- 2 years computer operations with demonstrated familiarity with
communications (voice, data, telecommunications) Warehouse/Order
Management Systems or Windows NT administration
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Be flexible with changing demands and priorities
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications including
Microsoft Outlook. Ability to create pivot tables, graphs, complex
formulas, macros and Access database knowledge is a plus.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Background or knowledge of network cabling and network
infrastructure. Router, wireless Access Points, switches, patch
- Ability to work flexible hours including nights and weekends as
- Ability to travel between - 3PL Processing Location on the East
-Coast as needed.Come Discover Different at TJX - we think you'll
find that it's so much more than a job. We move a lot of inventory
- at all times of the day - and that takes working, learning, and
growing together. When you're a part of our TJX family, you have
the full support of a diverse, close-knit team in our Distribution
Centers.As you think about where to work, know that we take care of
our people. We offer competitive pay and great benefits. We
consider all applicants for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age,
disability, gender identity and expression, marital or military
status. We also provide reasonable accommodations to qualified
individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with
Disabilities Act and applicable state and local law.
Keywords: The TJX Companies Inc, North Bergen , System Support Specialist-NJ, Other , North Bergen, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!