Registered Respiratory Therapist (Per Diem Days)
Company: Hackensack University Medical Center
Location: North Bergen
Posted on: June 3, 2021
How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack
Meridian Health our healthcare teams are focused on changing the
lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each
and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational
health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care
capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to
apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career
all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
A day in the life of a Registered Respiratory Therapist at
Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
- Administers diagnostic and therapeutic respiratory care
modalities in a competent manner.
- Performs diagnostic respiratory care procedure.
- Maintains and monitors respiratory related equipment.
- Assists in cardio-pulmonary resuscitation.
- Delivers on a daily basis, therapeutic respiratory care
modalities, according to department policies and procedures by
processing requests for procedures from patient care units and
confirming physicians orders in patient charts and establishing a
patient care plan for each patient, regularly updating knowledge of
techniques and regulations appropriate to the ages of patients
- Evaluates the effects of therapies and makes records to the
physician. Communicates clearly and tactfully with patients.
- Performs on a daily basis check of resuscitation equipment and
emergency oxygen supply.
- Delivers and maintains on a daily basis oxygen equipment as
ordered by physician.
- Stocks on a daily basis respiratory therapy supplies throughout
- Maintains, cleans and performs, as needed, functional checks of
- High School Graduate.
- Graduate of AMA approved respiratory therapist program
- Certified or Registered Respiratory Therapist required.
- NJ Licensed Respiratory Care Practitioner required.
- CPR certified required.
- Previous experience required, at least two (2) years clinical
- Knowledge of function and ability to operate ventilator,
respirators, blood gas machines, pulse oximeter, pulmonary function
unit, suction machine.
If you feel the above description speaks directly to your
strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
Keywords: Hackensack University Medical Center, North Bergen , Registered Respiratory Therapist (Per Diem Days), Other , North Bergen, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!