Manager, District Sales
Company: White Cap
Location: North Bergen
Posted on: April 3, 2021
Company Overview Previously known as HD Supply - Construction &
Industrial and now know as White Cap Supply Holdings, LLC ("White
Cap"), White Cap is made up of four distinct businesses called
White Cap, Contractors' Warehouse, Brafasco, and most recently
Construction Supply Group. White Cap has over 400 locations across
46 US States and 8 Canadian Provinces. Approximately 7,400
associates provide support for more than 230,000 customers. In
addition to value-add services, White Cap offers a portfolio of
400,000 SKUs that include concrete accessories and chemicals,
engineered materials and fastening systems, steel products, tools
and equipment, building envelope, safety and consumables, and wood
products. Job Description & Qualifications Job Summary Responsible
for driving and managing the successful execution of sales
strategies and plans for the district. Orchestrate and direct
resources to drive profitable sales revenue and growth. Optimize
sales effectiveness in partnership with other district and region
sales partners. Engage and inspire the team to drive profitable
business results. Monitor, analyze and report on district sales
results. Define and plan the district selling organization to
optimize resources. Facilitate the staffing process; provide input
to other channels on organizational needs, associate actions, and
sales team development. Sell to key district customers. Major
Tasks, Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities
- Manages a sales territory and develops direct reports including
inside and outside sales, and special products sales. Actively
schedules sales meetings and events with specified accounts and
prospective accounts for the purpose of bidding jobs and securing
new business. Forecast and achieve budgeted sales targets for
assigned sales team.
- Manages selling and customer service activities, developing and
implementing sales and customer retention programs to optimize
sales performance, profitability and customer satisfaction. Plan,
forecast and report on sales and competitor pricing, activity and
tactics. Promote market and technology research.
- Plans and implements district advertising and promotional
strategy and activities.
- May communicate and negotiate special pricing and product
availability with top vendors in district.
- Coach, motivate and develop team. Ensure team performs account
prospecting. Assign and reassign accounts as required to maximize
sales performance revenue. Conduct ride-along activities and work
with team to call on active customers and prospective
- Conducts ongoing recruitment and interviewing of candidates for
the purpose of acquiring talent to support the attainment of
business objectives. Responsible for succession planning
- Trains and provides coaching of sales associates in effective
selling processes and technique. Nature and Scope
- Solutions require analysis and investigation.
- Achieves planned results by decisions and actions based on
professional methods, business principles, and practical
- Manages a group or team of professional individual contributors
and/or indirectly supervises support staff. Work Environment
- Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions
would be infrequent and not objectionable.
- Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and
there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions
there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- Typically requires overnight travel 20% to 50% of the time.
Education and Experience
- Typically requires BS/BA in a related discipline. Generally
7+ years of experience in a related field. May require
certification. Advanced degree may offset less experience in some
disciplines. Preferred Qualifications & Job Specific Details
- Bachelor Degree from an accredited college or university and
10+ years industry sales experience.
- 5+ years experience with area customer base.
- Strong sales management background.
- Product knowledge.
- Supervisory experience. PRID PRID145 Job Locations US-NJ-North
Bergen Job ID 2020-40705 Business Unit Construction Industrial WC
Functional Area Sales Remote Position? No Position Type Full-Time
White Cap is an Equal Opportunity Minority/Female/Individuals with
Disabilities/Protected Veteran and Affirmative Action Employer.
White Cap considers for employment and hires qualified candidates
without regard to age, race, religion, color, sex, sexual
orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, ancestry,
citizenship, protected veteran or disability status or any factor
prohibited by law.
Keywords: White Cap, North Bergen , Manager, District Sales, Hospitality & Tourism , North Bergen, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!