Certified Medical Assistant - Physician Services
Company: Integrated Resources, Inc
Location: North Bergen
Posted on: January 27, 2023
The Certified Medical Assistant is responsible for assisting in
providing clinical care to select patients under the supervision of
the professional nurse or licensed medical practitioner and
provides clerical office assistance.
Essential Generic Job Functions (List in order of importance):
1. Prepares exam room, treatment room, supplies and
2. Prepares patients for physician visit and examination assisting
3. Takes patients vital signs and records in medical chart.
4. Understands proper function and care of special equipment.
5. Performs EKG, PFT, Audiometry, Titmus Test as indicated after a
performance evaluation checklist completion. Also performs UDS,
BAT, Phlebotomy, and other lab testing as indicated after
performance evaluation checklist completion.
6. Maintains records by completing patient records as directed;
file record and reports.
7. Assists with collections/billing procedures as needed.
8. Uses computer software to maintain office systems.
9. Identifies and responds to issues of confidentiality.
10. Identifies the needs of the patient population served and
modifies and delivers care that is specific to those needs (i.e.,
age, culture, language, hearing and/or visually impaired, etc.).
This process includes communicating with the patient, parent,
and/or primary caregiver(s) at their level (developmental/age,
educational, literacy, etc.).
11. Other duties and/or projects as assigned.
12. Adheres to Client Organizational competencies and standards of
13. Lifts a minimum of 5 lbs., pushes and pulls a minimum of 10
lbs. and stands a minimum of 6 hours a day.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
1. Excellent communication skills
2. Ability to interact effectively and in a supportive manner with
3. Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
4. Knowledge of computerized processes and data entry
Required Certification/Licensing: 1. Current Certified Medical
Assistant from Certifying Board of the American Association of
Medical Assistants (AAMA), or the National Center for Competency
Testing (NCCT), or the National Association for Healthcare
Professionals (NAHP), or the American Medical Certification
Association (AMCA), or registration from the American Medical
Technologists (AMT) or National Certified Medical Assistant or
Registered Clinical Medical Assistant Specialist or (NRCMA)
Nationally Registered Certified Medical Assistant or (MAAC) Medical
Administrative Assistant Certification or Clinical Medical
Assistant Certificate (CMAC).
2. AHA Basic Health Care Life Support HCP Certification
Keywords: Integrated Resources, Inc, North Bergen , Certified Medical Assistant - Physician Services, Healthcare , North Bergen, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!