Registered Respiratory Therapist - Per Diem
Company: Hackensack Meridian Health
Location: North Bergen
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Description: How have you impacted someone's life today? At
Hackensack Meridian Health our healthcare teams are focused on
changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level
of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and
occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home
care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you
to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your
career all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
Responsibilties: A day in the life of a Registered Respiratory
Therapist at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
- Administers diagnostic and therapeutic respiratory care
modalities in a competent manner.
- Performs diagnostic respiratory care procedure.
- Maintains and monitors respiratory related equipment.
- Assists in cardio-pulmonary resuscitation.
- Delivers on a daily basis, therapeutic respiratory care
modalities, according to department policies and procedures by
processing requests for procedures from patient care units and
confirming physicians orders in patient charts and establishing a
patient care plan for each patient, regularly updating knowledge of
techniques and regulations appropriate to the ages of patients
- Evaluates the effects of therapies and makes records to the
physician. Communicates clearly and tactfully with patients.
- Performs on a daily basis check of resuscitation equipment and
emergency oxygen supply.
- Delivers and maintains on a daily basis oxygen equipment as
ordered by physician.
- Stocks on a daily basis respiratory therapy supplies throughout
- Maintains, cleans and performs, as needed, functional checks of
department equipment Qualifications:
- High School Graduate.
- Graduate of AMA approved respiratory therapist program
- Certified or Registered Respiratory Therapist required.
- NJ Licensed Respiratory Care Practitioner required.
- CPR certified required.
- Previous experience required, at least two (2) years clinical
- Knowledge of function and ability to operate ventilator,
respirators, blood gas machines, pulse oximeter, pulmonary function
unit, suction machine. If you feel the above description speaks
directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply
Keywords: Hackensack Meridian Health, North Bergen , Registered Respiratory Therapist - Per Diem, Healthcare , North Bergen, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!