Physical Therapist Clinical Specialist, Per Diem
Company: Hackensack Meridian Health
Location: North Bergen
Posted on: January 20, 2023
Description: How have you impacted someone's life today? At
Hackensack Meridian Health our healthcare teams are focused on
changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level
of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and
occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home
care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you
to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your
career all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system. -The
-Physical Therapist Clinical Specialist -provides physical therapy
treatment and education to inpatients and outpatients. - Assists in
the education and development of departmental and other hospital
Responsibilties: A day in the life of a Physical Therapist Clinical
Specialist at Hackensack Meridian -Health includes:
- Performs physical therapy assessment and evaluations, on a
daily basis, on-going re-assessment and administers physical
therapy treatment to patients in conjunction with a licensed care
practitioner authorized to prescribe treatment.
- Implements, on a daily basis, treatment modalites which may
include exercise, heat, light, ultrasound, water, electricity,
massage, gait raining, balance training and other rehabilitation
- Provides, on a daily basis, for patient and family education
programs and assistance in exercise programs and assistance in
understanding and participation in physical therapy goal
- Uses, on a daily basis, multidisciplinary approach in executing
patient treatment. Coordinates with Case Management, Nursing and
Physicians to participate in patient's timely discharge and
continuation of treatment upon hospital discharge.
- Provides In-service programs for Physical Therapy Staff.
- Organizes Journal Club for Rehab In-service program.
- Serves as Clinical Resource for Junior Staff.
- Provides In-service programs for Nursing Staff and other
Ancillary Staff on equipment use, transfer training and body
- Monitors equipment use for safety and wear and tear in the
- Ensures delivery of excellent customer service resulting in
positive and improving patient satisfaction scores for department
Center.Supplemental Duties and Responsibilities:
- Guides, on a daily basis, departmental support
- Prepares, on a daily basis, schedules for inpatients and
- Attends hospital and department in-service program as
- Assists the Director in developing and implementation of a
Quality Improvement Program in Physical Therapy.
- Performs educational in-service for both department and
- Attends continuing education programs outside the hospital to
maintain professional competence.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Masters Degree in Physical Therapy with Clinical Specialist
Certification through the APTA or Doctorate in Physical Therapy
from an Accredited Physical Therapy Program.
- AHA Basic Health Care Life Support HCP Certification.WORK
- Prior acute care and outpatient experience preferred.If you
feel the above description speaks directly to your strengths and
capabilities, then please apply today!
Keywords: Hackensack Meridian Health, North Bergen , Physical Therapist Clinical Specialist, Per Diem, Healthcare , North Bergen, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!