Certified Nursing Assistant / CNA
Company: Hackensack Meridian Health
Location: North Bergen
Posted on: November 22, 2022
Certified Nursing Assistant / CNAHMH RES CARE INC-HARBORAGE
North Bergen Requisition #2022-119958 ShiftDay StatusPer Diem
Weekend WorkEvery Other Weekend HolidaysTwo of 6 On CallNo On-Call
Required Shift Hours7a-3p Address7600 River Rd, North Bergen, 07047
Save Job Job Saved View SavedOverview$2,500 Sign-on Bonus!
Hackensack MeridianHealthNursing & Rehab is currently offering a
$2,500 sign-on bonus to CNAs who join our team! Please apply today
so that we can discuss your future and career with Hackensack
MeridianHealth! How have you impacted someone's life today? At
Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the
lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each
and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational
health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care
capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to
apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career,
all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system. The role of a
Certified Nursing Assistant (C.N.A.) is to demonstrate the ability
to provide exceptional resident care. The C.N.A. also ensures
residents plan of care is followed. He or she must complete all
required documentation as per state/federal guidelines, while also
following all facility policies and procedures. ResponsibilitiesA
day in the life of a Certified Nursing Assistant at Hackensack
Meridian Health includes:
- Provides patient care, as per Patient Care Plan, including but
not limited to ROM exercises, ambulation, transfer training,
assisting with feeding and calorie counts, bed making, personal
hygiene, skin checks, AM and HS care, vital signs, answer call
bells promptly, post-mortem care, assist with room changes, and
participate in reports.
- Identify and report all real or potential problems regarding
the administration of patient care.
- Ensure residents are wearing/using adaptive equipment, as
- Ensures patients are clean, neatly dressed, groomed, safe, and
fed during assigned shift hours.
- Follows through on ordered restorative nursing for assigned
- Completes all required tasks, documentation, and reports daily
as per facility policy and state and federal regulations.
- Records intake and output and bowel movements.
- Reports any unusual changes in patient condition to Charge
Nurse promptly. Communicates pertinent information and actual or
potential problems to RN throughout the shift.
- Participates on committees, as requested by supervisors.
- Identifies patient needs and treatment opportunities, providing
services to meet those needs on an on-going basis.
- Maintains professional competence and keeps current with
Occupational Health trends through participation in continuing
education, in-service programs, professional staff sessions and
training of nursing personnel.
- Fosters good relationships and communications with all Team
Members, patients, family/significant others and visitors.
Additional duties as assigned QualificationsEducation, Knowledge,
Skills and Abilities Required:
- Completion of an approved CNA program
- Able to lift 50lbs.
- Current with all Continuing Education (CE) requirements
- Perform clinical care professionally
- Serve as patient advocate and role model to other Team
- Deliver patient care in a timely, efficient, and effective
- Ability to effectively work on a multidisciplinary team
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
- Computer skills, including Microsoft Office
- Long-term care and rehabilitation facility experience
- Prior work experience with geriatric and disabled
- Bi-lingual (Spanish) Licenses and Certifications Required:
- NJ CNA License Our NetworkHackensack MeridianHealth(HMH) is a
Mandatory COVID-19 and Influenza Vaccination FacilityAs a courtesy
to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume
to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may
have current openings that fit your skills and experience.Apply
Learn aboutthis locationView MapShare this job
- EmailRecently Viewed JobsNo recently viewed jobs
Keywords: Hackensack Meridian Health, North Bergen , Certified Nursing Assistant / CNA, Healthcare , North Bergen, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!