Company: Bergen Logistics
Location: North Bergen
Posted on: January 19, 2023
Job purposeThe Operations Manager will provide input to
Strategic & Operational planning activities and is an advocate of
cost reduction efforts and quality improvement via fulfillment and
distribution operations. Provide key input and manage the
fulfillment and distribution strategy to support multiple
services/products. This position requires the analysis of broad and
complex issues and the formulation and execution of strategies to
ensure that deadlines and priorities for product delivery to
customers are met in a cost effective manner.Duties and
- Manages the inbound/outbound operations, logistics and order
fulfillment for an individual facility.
- Responsible for meeting financial targets (key measurements and
benchmarks distribution & labor costs, meeting daily required
percentage on billing against labor)
- Provides leadership, support, motivation and directs and
retains high caliber staff.
- Promotes "total partner satisfaction" (delivery, quality etc.)
within all Operations teams
- Identifies and solves critical operational problems.
- Develops Operations strategies, fiscal Operating plans and
budgets, departmental goals & objectives etc.
- Determines operations and departmental staffing
- Initiates advanced fulfillment and logistics programs to
- Leads the development and validation of new processes for
distribution, fulfillment and logistics to meet business
- Integrates the technology, quality, purchasing and logistics
functions to support services, cost and process excellence.
- Provides leadership in the development of an effective
organization and its members
- Ensures financial targets are met.
- Responsible for establishing approved objectives, plans and
budgets for each area
- Creates a talent and labor management process in coordination
with HR to ensure that the right resources are in place.
- Develops standard operating procedures and best practices in
terms of material management and contract performance monitoring in
order to optimize cost, quality and delivery time.Requirements
- Demonstrated leader with 5-7 years progressive management
experience in a 3PL environment is preferred.
- Ecommerce or direct to consumer/ business (D2C/B2C) is highly
- Experience in a fast pace, high volume unit pick fulfillment DC
- Ability to understand and thrive in a high volume work
environment during extremely busy peaks season while executing
multiple projects simultaneously. Must be proactive, numbers driven
and a good anticipated planner.
- Previous experience managing as a third party vendor.
- Hands-on strong problem-solving skills.
- Proficiency developing metrics planning (good working knowledge
- Knowledge of Warehouse Management Systems is mandatory.
- Outstanding people leadership skills including coaching,
providing feedback, overseeing training, performance
Keywords: Bergen Logistics, North Bergen , Operations Manager, Executive , North Bergen, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!