Heavy Equipment Mechanic
Location: North Bergen
Posted on: March 16, 2023
* Read electrical and hydraulic schematics
* Repair and maintain heavy equipment
* Performs troubleshooting and repair of systems and components, as required.
* Maintains accurate records, as required.
* Perform detailed equipment inspections and preventative maintenance following OEM specifications.
* Responds to any customer related equipment requests. Ensure compliance in all safety, health, and environmental regulations, policies and procedures for a goal of zero incidents and injuries; Assist in delivering required training to ensure that all coworkers have the necessary skills to perform their jobs properly and safely.
* Communicate consistently on all activities to appropriate individuals (internal & external).
* Maintain ongoing communication and adhere to all Company-wide policies to eliminate and/or reduce exposure to liability.
* Ensure compliance in all safety, health, and environmental regulations, policies and procedures for a goal of zero incidents and injuries; Assist in delivering required training to ensure that all coworkers have the necessary skills to perform their jobs properly and safely.
* Special projects or work as assigned.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
1. Follow all company and Railroad safety policies.
2. Required to respond to after hour call outs.
3. Must be willing to work any shift.
4. Perform maintenance on support equipment such as forklifts, man lifts, etc.
Required: 5 + years of experience with troubleshooting, repairing and maintaining heavy equipment, candidates must have their own basic tools, ability to read electrical and hydraulic schematics, comfortable working at elevated heights of up to 100 feet, basic computer skills
Desired: Strong troubleshooting abilities
Requires knowledge of mechanical, hydraulic and electrical assemblies and testing experience; Requires an eye for detail. Ability to recognize all colors in a normal spectrum; basic knowledge of SPC fundamentals;
thorough knowledge and understanding of applicable operating and documentation procedures and material flow. Skilled in the use of Microsoft Office products and other data systems; Ability to meet deadlines; to understand and follow written and verbal instructions; Ability to understand and follow posted work rules and procedures; ability to accept constructive criticism; ability to prioritize, organize, solve problems, and complete tasks independently; ability to communicate effectively and work cooperatively with subordinates, members of management, vendors, and other employees.
Physical and Environmental Elements:
This is a production classification and employees work on site in an outdoor environment with exposure to noise and machinery. Accurate hand/eye coordination is required. Finger dexterity is required, as well as hand strength, with the ability to grasp, lift, push and pull. Work involves considerable standing, stooping, bending, or sitting for long periods of time. Work requires working at elevated heights of up to 100 feet. May lift parts weighing up to 50 pounds.
Applicants will be required to pass a physical, drug screen, and obtain an E-Rail security clearance badge.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with DisabilitiesThe contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Keywords: Remprex, North Bergen , Heavy Equipment Mechanic, Engineering , North Bergen, New Jersey
here to apply!