Automotive Technician - New Jersey Transit Access Link
Company: First Transit
Location: North Bergen
Posted on: November 20, 2022
Automotive Technician serving New Jersy Transit's Access Link
Are you looking for job security and stability with competitive
wages and benefits (zero employee layoffs during the COVID
pandemic)? First Transit is looking for a Fleet Technician to join
its team and you could be the right person! With over 335 locations
and in business since 1955, First Transit is truly the First in
passenger transportation. Please see our website for a
comprehensive review of our company: https://www.firsttransit.com.
We utilize a cutting-edge electronic work order program that makes
filling out work orders much easier and less time-consuming. Our
fleet consists of Ford E450, Chevy Caprices, and Toyota Camry
Hybrid. First Transit is proud to offer:
- Top hourly wages from $22/hour based on experience &
qualifications (NOT flat-rate)
- ASE certification bonus up to $9,000 per year
- Company-paid ASE testing and training materials
- Consistent full-time, year-round work
- The shift is consisting of a one-weekend shift and starting
time will be 6:00 AM.
- An excellent benefits package including medical, vision, and
dental coverage, and a 401(k) savings plan
- Annual boot allowance and Safety glass allowance
- Paid holidays, vacation, & sick time
- Ongoing company training on a state-of-the-art online
- Opportunities for career advancement nationwide.
- A great work environment! Automotive Technician Major
- Perform vehicle maintenance and repairs to ensure vehicles are
safe for our customers.
- Diagnose and perform accurately all phases of vehicle and
equipment repair including the repair of brakes, engine tune-ups,
suspensions, drive trains, transmission clutches, and other
- Ensure work orders are completed properly and accurately.
Maintain records of all maintenance work completed including parts
and supplies used.
- Complete preventative maintenance (PMs), safety inspections,
and annual maintenance inspections. Automotive Mechanic
- Valid driver's license required.
- CDL C is required Company training to help you get your CDL
will be provided.
- 3+ years of automotive or diesel repair employment experience
or a combination of education & experience.
- Must have appropriate mechanic's toolset.
- ASE certifications are preferred. Must participate in company
ASE certification program (company training, testing, and bonuses
- Drug-free workplace About First Transit First Transit Inc. is a
leading provider of public transportation contracting and
management services. For over 60 years, we have supplied precision,
efficiency, innovation, and all-around expertise to both public and
private transportation systems. Today, we operate in 335 locations,
carrying more than 350 million passengers annually throughout the
United States in 39 states, Puerto Rico and Canada. Apply today and
get your career on the road with First Transit! We aspire to have a
culture where all people are First. We strive to attract and retain
a diverse workforce therefore all qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability or veteran status. First is also committed to
providing a drug-free workplace. For candidates applying to
positions in San Francisco or Los Angeles California, First will
consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal
histories consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco
Fair Chance Ordinance or Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance. First
is an equal opportunity employer and by doing so we will sustain
and promote an inclusive culture that supports future growth for
Keywords: First Transit, North Bergen , Automotive Technician - New Jersey Transit Access Link, Engineering , North Bergen, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!