Senior Cat Scan Technician
Company: Hackensack Meridian Health
Location: North Bergen
Posted on: January 19, 2023
Description: How have you impacted someone's life today? At
Hackensack -Meridian Health our healthcare teams are focused on
changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level
of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and
occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home
care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you
to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your
career all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system. -The
Senior Cat Scan Technologist performs computed tomography
procedures and related techniques, producing sectional and
three-dimensional images for the interpretation and assists with
interventional and therapeutic procedures.
Responsibilties: A day in the life of a Senior Cat Scan Technician
at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
- Assists in the coordination of staff schedule and coordinates
- Assists in teaching CT technology and technique to staff
technologist and students.
- Supervises technical aspects of the department of
- Assists technologist, as needed.
- Orders all supplies necessary for the functioning of the entire
- Performs complex CT procedures.
- Uses professional judgment when reviewing and obtaining
patient's clinical history for procedures, ensuring information is
documented and scanned into PACS.
- Prepares and reviews the accuracy of the contrast questionnaire
with patient and/or family member and scan into EPIC.
- Identifies and/or administers oral contrast and contrast media
as prescribed by a licensed practitioner.
- Reviews the patient prescription to verify appropriateness of
exam and if incorrect, communicates with the Radiologist and
Referring Physician to obtain additional clinical information or a
- Responsible for calling physicians to clarify the prescription
in accordance with the appropriate CT protocols.
- Responsible for verifying insurance authorized exam script and
send exam modification forms to Finance for insurance
- Responsible for obtaining outside studies (CD) then scheduling
them in EPIC so the CD and reports are available in PACS in order
to be compared by Radiologists.
- Responsible for providing exam copies to the patient and
requesting physician and/or family member.
- Evaluates radiographs using view box and PACS System to ensure
that radiographs contain proper identification and are of
- Administers emergency care including performing CPR, if
- Uses consistent and appropriate techniques to gather relevant
information form the medical record, significant others and health
care providers to prepare protocols for scanning and patient
safety. The collection of information is determined by the
patient's needs or condition.
- Determines whether the patient has been appropriately prepared
for the procedure.
- Preps patient for scanning: (i.e. shielding, immobilization
- Determines appropriate type and dose of contrast to be
- Provides accurate explanations and instructions at any
appropriate time and at a level the patient can understand and
addresses and documents patient questions and concerns regarding
the procedure when appropriate.
- Performs venipuncture, IV patency and maintenance procedures
according to established guidelines.
- Monitor the patient's physical condition during the
- Reviews images to determine if additional scans will enhance
the diagnostic value of the procedure.
- Performs retrospective reconstruction on raw data.
- Performs daily clerical duties, which includes the use of EPIC,
Teletracking System, computer system, patient scheduling, and other
computer systems as added by hospital.
- Greets in/out patients when they arrive for their exam
utilizing A.I.D.E.T. standards.
- Oversees staff training to maintain the highest quality
- Revises scanning parameters accordingly with established
- Reviews all diagnostic or therapeutic data for completeness and
- Documents diagnostic, treatment, and patient data in the
- Archives images to data storage devices according to
- Assesses equipments to determine acceptable performance based
on established guidelines.
- Maintains controlled access to restricted area during radiation
exposure to ensure safety of patients, visitors and hospital
- Monitors image production to determine variance from
established quality standards.
- Performs all tasks as required by CT Technologist demonstrating
the knowledge and skill to provide patient care.
- Responsible for scheduled shifts including holidays and
- Overtime as needed to provide continual quality patients
- On call assignments as needed per Department of Radiology
- Adheres to the policies of Employee ID, Standards of Behavior,
Attendance, and Punctuality.
- Identifies the needs of the patient population served and
modifies and delivers care that is specific to those needs (i.e.,
age, culture, language, hearing and/or visually impaired, etc.).
This process includes communicating with the patient, parent,
and/or primary caregiver(s) at their level (developmental/age,
educational, literacy, etc.).
- Adheres to the standards identified in the Medical Center's
Qualifications: Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Graduate of a Radiologic Technologist program.
- Two years CT experience.
- Knowledge of anatomy and physiology and radiological
positioning of the human body.
- Thorough knowledge of PACS system.
- Understanding mechanical attributes of CT software and
- Maintains CEU Credits.
- American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS)
Certification within following three months of hire date.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
- Associate's degree or higher.
- Knowledge of Epic and any HIS/RIS system added by the hospital.
Licenses and Certifications Required:
- Diagnostic Radiography License.
- American Registry of Radiologic Technologists Certification or
American Registry of RT (CT) Technologist Certification.
- AHA Basic Health Care Life Support HCP Certification. -
Keywords: Hackensack Meridian Health, North Bergen , Senior Cat Scan Technician, Accounting, Auditing , North Bergen, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!