Reimbursement Specialist II
Company: Hackensack Meridian Health
Location: North Bergen
Posted on: May 4, 2022
Description: How have you impacted someone's life today? - At
Hackensack Meridian Health our healthcare teams are focused on
changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level
of care each and every day. - From our hospitals, rehab centers and
occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home
care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you
to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your
career all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system. -The
Reimbursement Specialist II is responsible for preparation of
Medicare, Champus and Chapter 160 cost reports, reimbursement
compliance and research, reimbursement studies and other related
financial analysis as needed. -This position will be hybrid-
required to be in office 1 day per week, work remotely the other 4
daysResponsibilties: A day in the life of a Reimbursement
Specialist II at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
- Preparation of the Medicare, Chapter 160 and Champus cost
reports for select hospitals.
- Coordination and accumulation of information needed for the
Home Health Agency and Home Office cost reports.
- Coordination and accumulation of statistical data.
- Coordination and accumulation of Interns & Residents schedules
and all required personal data including preparation of the
- Coordination and support of the Wage Index submission to CMS
including acting as the point person for the Wage Index
- Assistance in the completion of the NJ DSH and Occupational Mix
Surveys as needed.
- Coordinating any bad debt audits by effectively working with
- Research as needed via Internet, relevant publications,
reimbursement manuals, etc. to ensure compliance and maximize
reimbursement strategies within regulations.
- Support with select Medicare and Medicaid audits as needed
including acting as the point person.
- Review of audit adjustments including effective communication
with outside auditors in resolving any issues as needed.
- Software input of the cost report data as needed.
- Performance of financial analysis of relevant reimbursement
issues as they arise.
- Assistance with completion of Form 990, schedule H, as
- Maintenance of the hospitals IACS access in order to generate
PS&R settlement data as requested or needed.
- Special projects and other duties as assigned by
Management.Qualifications: Education, Knowledge, Skills and
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent experience in Finance,
Accounting, and /or Economics.
- 2-3 years hospital reimbursement experience including
preparation of cost reports.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Excellent analytical skills including ability to complete
detailed workpapers for an audit trail.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to establish effective working relationships with all
levels of the Hackensack Meridian Health organization as needed.
- If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your
strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
Keywords: Hackensack Meridian Health, North Bergen , Reimbursement Specialist II, Accounting, Auditing , North Bergen, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!